Healthy People’s 2020 goal for diabetes care is 62.5%. We want to help you control your life with diabetes and not let diabetes control your life. Let’s see if this program is right for you!
Who should be referred to our DSME program?
- Any patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, including newly diagnosed patients
- Have had prior education and need to review diabetes knowledge, skills, and other self-care behaviors
- Have had recent complications due to diabetes
- Not meeting your A1c or blood sugar goals
- Unexplained high or low blood sugar
- Change in health condition(s), diabetes-related complications, and/or medications
Diabetes Self-Management Education Testimonial
“The pharmacist was understanding and motivating. I worked with her on several levels. She taught me alternative ways on how to manage my diabetes, which were very helpful. When I brought new questions for her, she would provide me her input. We would talk about it and then I made decisions based on our conversation. The pharmacist listened to my point of view. She was just great! Very excellent!” – Sandy M.
Call our clinical department to speak with one of our staff members or pharmacists at 419-470-0700 for Sylvania or 419-930-5830. for Main Street. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.